Wednesday, March 9, 2011

40 Bags in 40 Days - A Lenten Cleaning

Some time in my Lenten preparation, I heard about 40 bags in 40 days.  The basic gist of it is that you go through your house and get rid of 40 bags of stuff - either to the trash or to a yard sale or to charity - during the 40 days of Lent.  I thought this sounded like a good idea and it coincided with another past time I had heard of recently - that spring cleaning was in preparation for Easter, not just because it was spring.  Yet another blog I follow is hosting it this year...so I thought I would try to do it too.  And then we are having a massive yard sale in June (the wait is so my sis can move and purge while packing).

Here is Day 1: the linen closet. I thought I would start easy and small.  With quick satisfaction.  Don't judge the before pictures is all that I ask - I don't even know how things get like this!

Before



After!!!



The bag's worth of stuff out of there - most of it is to the yard sale, then some trash and some other things to distribute to other places in the house (and yes I put them away where they belong).

No comments: