Monday, August 23, 2010

St. Rose of Lima







Most of you know that our daughter was (in part) named for St. Rose of Lima. Well today was her feast day, so we had a big day. First we went to mass and Father gave a special blessing to Rose. Then, in the afternoon, we had pink cupcakes with pink icing, followed by fun with friends and coloring some Rose printables found here. Finally, we went and got this crazy tutu that she has been wanting for a while - I will have to post pics of that later. During the day Rose wore her crown of roses that I made. It was a super easy craft, I just wound some fake ivy to fit her head, used floral wire to secure it, then wove tiny fake roses in - I put pics in for those of you interested in a step by step. Overall, we had great day and I think Rose had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

So cute! What a great idea :-)

Is that a tie dyed sacred heart shirt I see in the background?