Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Yard Sale of ALL Yard Sales


The 'holding' room.  SOME of this was for my sister's, mom's, and mom-mom's part of the sale.
 My stuff spread out for the sale, after about an hour or so.  We put on signs and whatnot that it started at 8, but people already started to come when we were bringing the tables out at 630.  Do these people have lives?!?

Rose and James entertaining themselves while we were busy selling stuff.


 So, I know that it was eons ago that I said I was part of the 40 bags in 40 days deal...then only did like 3 posts and seemed to fall off the band wagon so to speak.  I did manage to clean out a lot of the house, I just never got around to posting the pictures, etc.  But we did have the yard sale on Saturday that was the fruit of all that labor.  I made over $200 on stupid little things, sent at least 8 more boxes to Goodwill at the end of the day, and have two newly usable rooms.  I will be doing it again next year, as I can already see that there is a lot of stuff still around the house (read: we never made it through all the books, Dan still has lots of clothes to go through, and I added to the attic instead of taking away!).  Just a few shots of the day above.

1 comment:

Michelle Marcinak said...

Woohoo! There is a neighborhood garage sale here this weekend but I am not organized enough to sell, so instead I'm just going to wander around and buy stuff add to my clutter. :)