Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Day at the Museums

 My niece came to town for her 8th grade class trip, and they had some down time to tour the museums.  We thought since they had come all this way, we could go downtown and hang out with her for a couple of hours.  
 First up, Air and Space, where Rose tried to reach the pedals and steer, which didn't really work all that well. The great thing was that my niece's class had to stay in groups, so she was with her friends.  Which means I got 5 babysitters while touring the museums!  
 I think everyone had a fun time, even if they were hanging with a 2 & 4 yo.
 Then we hoofed it across to the Natural History, which I haven't been in for years.  Apparently they have redone it inside, because it was beautiful.  Very hands on and kid friendly.  I will definitely be back one day soon.
 Some cool things we saw were actual mummies, the Hope Diamond, and massive gems.  
 We are going to go back to do the butterflies, the kids area, and more of the mammals section.
Thanks for letting us crash your trip!

No comments: