Friday, September 28, 2012

Apple Picking 2012

 We did our annual apple picking trip with some close friends again this year.  But we tried a new orchard.  Which we will totally be going back to again next year.  I'd go again this year, but I have a feeling that I will be deep in apples for a while.  
 Check out the size of the apples we got - compared to an iPhone.  
 John being really cute in a baseball hat.
 The apples were nice and low so the kids could reach, which has been a problem in the past.  We each got a half bushel. (And since I am post dating this outing, I can tell you that is a lot of apples - we have made apple pie and apple sauce, but still have ALOT of apples left!).
 We had a picnic lunch and played on the wonderful playground equipment until a very large school group showed up and we couldn't keep track of the five mobile ones any more.

No comments: