Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Penguin Math

Today's penguin activity included a quick lesson in fractions, all visual (she is only 3 after all).  Rose 'got it' much quicker than I thought she would.  Not sure if she could repeat it tomorrow, but she seemed to understand the concept of whole, half, and quarter.  I don't have any pictures but the final product as it was more of a hands-on for me.  That and James was a bit needy today (runny nose and all).  We read "Pink!", which was alright, but seemed to be missing a catching storyline for preschoolers.  Rose liked it though, since it had the color pink and a penguin.  So instead of just a black and white penguin, we also made a pink one.  FYI I totally stole this idea from Almost Unschoolers blog.


ref=sib_dp_pt.jpg

Here is the final product that has a whole, 2 halves, and a quarter! (Sorry it is sideways - blogspot wont let me change it and I am too lazy to fix it right now)

No comments: