Monday, January 10, 2011

Tonight's Dinner

Often I am asked to email people my recipe for this dish, so I thought I would post it here.  It is probably one of the easiest dishes I make.  You simply spray an oven safe dish with Pam, add seasonings you like on chicken (garlic, thyme, oregano), add chicken breasts.  

Then clean and break a head of asparagus and arrange around the chicken.  Spray all with Pam again.  Add salt and pepper all over top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Serve with a box of Rice-a-roni or your other favorite rice dish.  If I am getting fancy I use a soy sauce marinade over the top of the asparagus after it is cooked from allrecipes.com.




The cool part is that it is really easy to increase the amounts of everything and serve for guests.  The last time I served it to my husband's brother's family even the kids tried and liked it.  You just use one dish for chicken and the other for asparagus and you can put more in that way, or just do two as shown above.

No comments: